Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Some video demos from CHA, part 1

I kept forgetting I had my camera, much less that it was a videocam, lol! Then when I would pull it out I did get a couple of those "deer-in-the-headlights" reactions from people who could demo the product for hundreds upon hundreds of people live, but froze in front of a camera. Sigh. But I did get a few good videos. They'll have a permanent home on Scrapbook News + Review's site once we figure out where, but in the meantime, hope you enjoy!

This first video is of the new trimmer from We R Memory Keepers. Releasing in mid-October (I'll be doing a complete review in the October issue of SNR) and retails for $10! Soooo simple, yet completely astounded me in how useful it's going to be for ME! The base is magnetic. So WRMK has a magnetic mat, or you could use the Basic Grey, or whatever. You can put the darned thing anywhere and get a straight line. No longer limited by the sides of your trimmer etc. so you can cut on weird diagonals too. This just makes so much sense!

The circle cutter, also, is magnetic. The blade is a standard size (so you could get Xacto refills - I forget what size, but they are available) and straight-cutting rather than other versions of this (cough, Elmer's) that use a rotary and don't end up in the same place when you get round the circle. Ok.

Enough of my chatting - on to my buddy Mike (I've known him for years from back when he worked for Chatterbox and I first became a buyer in this industry!) showing you his wares! Remember I still haven't figured out how to edit video so pardon my fidgeting, lol!



These two products are part of an expansion to their Ultimate Cutting Kit - honestly, it's pretty darned cool! I really like their cutting mat and the diagonal lines built in! Oh, and that's the old circle cutter that comes with it shown in the link and the one in the video is the prototype for the new (the real thing will be purple to match everything else and not the ugly orange, lol - I checked to make sure!).

0 Comments: