Sunday, July 13, 2008

A layout I actually love!

I did this page for Scrapbook News + Review (the July issue dropped yesterday, by the way - it's FABULOUS! Over 300 projects!) in the June issue for the sketch column and I REALLY was happy with how it came out. And it was even a page about something me (or at least my shoes, lol)! Yay me! :)


Supply list:
Patterned papers - Organic Honeysuckle and Organic Poppy from Bo Bunny
Journaling pen - Zig Writer in chocolate from EK Success
Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan from Clearsnap
Cutter - Curvy Cutter from EK Success
Letter stickers - American Crafts LAX Remarks
Flowers - Prima
Velvet brads - Making Memories

Journaling:
No, I don't wait to catch glimpses of robins, or to see flowers peeking up through the soil. For me, Spring is here when I can pull out all my favorite shoes and set my toes free! Growing up, I was never a "shoe girl" - I had sensible, boring shoes. Even in college and beyond, I never got into shoe shopping. I always had a few pairs - a pair of tennis shoes, a pair or two of heels, and a pair or two of dress flats. All usually in black, brown and white. After my divorce, however, I started to pay more attention to my appearance - it was time for a change! I was shopping for clothes one day, and the store happened to have a small selection of shoes. A pair of high heeled red sandals caught my eye. Red! I've never owned a pair of red shoes in my life! It was daring. It was provocative. It was everything I wanted to be! Soon that adorable pair of shoes (which I left in my hotel room at CHA last year) led to more. And more. I am now a shoe whore - I admit it! And all of my favorites are open-toed with a heel. They make me feel pretty. And sexy. Like a new person - a girl enjoying Spring again! Time to go shopping!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a shoe gal too ... love this layout.

Carla said...

LOL one good thing about being on the Mag with you is that I get to see your work before others....GREAT JOB! Love this page, its so cute!

Laurie said...

Love the page!!!

The Dolphin Inn said...

LOve the journalling and the shoes !!!! great page girl XXX