Sunday, July 6, 2008

Door Hanger

It's been a long summer, lol! While I've loved being home with my son over his break, it's been hard to get things accomplished when he wants my attention all day. I finally decided to make a little door hanger to let him know when I was working (or please give me some peace and quiet) and when I was playing (please come play WITH me!). I used the cover of a Zsiage chipboard peek-a-boo album (I've been working on something else with the interior pages - more on that another day!). Zsiage Fountain Blu paper, flowers from Prima, 1.5" Prim and Proper font scrapbook film letters from Zsiage, paint dauber and Stickles from Ranger, embellishments from Making Memories, and fibers from Hot Off the Press.


Here is a closeup of another detail I did on both sides. I used the negative space from some Zsiage chipboard swirls to apply glue which I covered with Provo micro beads I've had forever and ever. I wanted to make it a little more noticeable so I tried to use a Sakura Glaze pen to outline the shape after the glue had dried, but the Glaze ink seeped into the beads, making for a kind of messier than anticipated outline.

2 Comments:

Carla said...

AWESOME...that is really cute......

Laurie said...

adorable!!!