Monday, July 14, 2008

Michael's Rock Box


I'm so glad I picked up the collection pack for Basic Grey's Archaic line. I really have enjoyed using it over and over! This was a little box I altered for my son to put his little rock collection in. Just a simple $1 wooden box from Michael's and now I can (cough, hopefully...) stop finding his little rocks here, there and everywhere in my house! I love the little dirt/worms/rocks sticker and thought it would probably be a good idea to use the arrow pointing to rocks to keep Michael from deciding it would be ok to bring in dirt and worms as well. We'll see!

Supplies:
Patterned papers - Boulder and Primal from the Archaic Collection by Basic Grey
Adhesive - E6000
Metal buckle - 7gypsies
Leather strip -Tandy Leather Company
Mod Podge - Plaid
Acrylic paint - Delta Ceramcoat in Espresso Cafe Noir Opaque
Stickers - Basic Grey Archaic Collection

3 Comments:

Carla said...

That is really cute....makes me want to go alter my box that I bought awhile ago to store my cards....havent played around with it yet...LOL

wendy said...

what a great idea! I have a 2yo and will remember this for later years!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Awww bless !!! don't you just love boys and all their little treasures, love this fab box, what a cool idea TFS XXX