Monday, March 31, 2008

Beach Frame

Look for this in the July issue of Scrapbook News + Review!
This is a fun little frame I made because I walked past this bag of shells at JoAnn's, lol! I'd never actually used Zsiage's Surf and Turf line of papers for a beachy theme and I love how it turned out!
{pic}


For the title, I used 1.5" Monica font film letters from Zsiage. If you haven't played with these yet, do it! They are rather similar to the ghost items out now, but a little less transluscent AND, you can do things to the film that you can't do to other fully clear products. Like heat embossing! But I'm getting off the point. What I was actually trying to do was make it look like beach glass. I should have gone with alcohol inks, but had my dauber paints from Ranger out so just went with it. I brushed them on with the applicator in order to get that streaked look then when it dried I covered them with Glossy Accents. Doesn't look like beach glass, but it does look like a pretty polished stone so I do like the look even if it's not what I was going for! Love happy accidents! Click on the title pic to see what I'm talking about, lol!
I wanted some of the beachy netting and although I have some real stuff somewhere, I was just being lazy and in looking at the net bag the shells came in, thought it could be made to work. I used alcohol ink to darken it up and voila! Free beach net, lol!
Don't forget tomorrow is the last day to enter in the drawing for the Crop-O-Dile! Leave a comment on last Wednesday's post to enter!

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great ! I made a similar frame with shells, crackle paint and rub-ons. Very effective :)