Monday, March 17, 2008

Blush Birdhouse Windchimes

Well, I have officially taken my Michael's store out of stock on the mini birdhouses. I still have a few left to decorate, but for the past month, they still haven't restocked. I knew I should have bought more when they had them! Anyways, I did find these in the next bin - still birdhouses but quite a bit smaller and they are windchimes - and also $1. These are rather a pain to do - dismantling wasn't too bad (although the chimney took quite a bit of force to remove), but putting those chimes back on was a nightmare. The cords are still a bit twisted but since it's one cord, getting it back on was quite the challenge. You have to count the threads in the screw, then turn the screw that many times (full turns) the opposite direction (to twist the threads backwards) before screwing it back into the base. It's not an exact science, but it worked ok. Patterned papers are both more scraps from the Basic Grey Blush line, paint is Strawberries and Cream from Making Memories. The rhinestones are from a cell phone sticker I found on clearance and have been using an Xacto knife to separate out what I wanted. I thought about doing something to the chimes themselves, but didn't want to affect the sound (not that it's anything spectacular to begin with, but still). Now if it would just warm up enough to open some windows and let a breeze in!

And one last picture to show the size, of course!

3 Comments:

Lida said...

What an awesome idea, love how the little house looks and the windchime is a great addition!

Heather Bares said...

so cute!!!

Unknown said...

Awwww...that's so sweet ! And it's PINK :D