Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mellow Birdhouse

As seen in my article in the May issue of Scrapbooking.com Magazine!
Found some of Basic Grey's Mellow line at Creekbank Creations when I was there and couldn't pass up these two for a birdhouse! Added my usual bunch of Primas (the bottles with these tiny flowers hold a LOT - no matter how much I use them the bottle never looks touched, lol, gotta love that!) and some dots of Scribbles in Iridescent Golden Brown. I grabbed Scotch 2-way Scrapbooker's Glue to attach them and found a huge drawback to this glue. If you click on the picture to get a closeup, you can see especially at the top peak where the glue pulled up the brown paint underneath and it soaked through. Luckily for this birdhouse it went with the rustic charm of the papers, but I won't be using that glue over unsealed paint again!






4 Comments:

Maggie Lamarre said...

this is so cute luv the spring colours.
Maggie

Heather said...

So cute! I've got a stash of birdhouses I need to do something with.

Aimeslee Winans said...

That's just gorgeous, and I wonder if it has anything to do with the next stash challenge.....teehee. I'd say you were well-organized this week!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hey, I've looked really close and it just looks like rustic to me! I would have never known had you not mentioned it. But I am glad you did. I bought some of that stuff and will remember not to try to adhere large pieces of paper with it...