Wednesday, March 19, 2008

4th of July Frame

This is another one for the Bringing it Back Challenge - this time for the bottlecap challenge. I started with a wood frame from Michaels and blue paint from Plaid. I Mod Podged on a paper from Reminisce and finished it up with a few printed bottle caps (some flattened with a rubber mallet and one left alone) from Li'l Davis. My printer went a little wonky on me and spit a few droplets of ink onto my photo so I'll have to reprint that once I get a new ink cartridge but the pic is of my son at a park we stopped at last year on the 4th. Sticking the tongue out when being photographed has been his "thing" now for quite some time. I seem to have a lot of pictures with this identical facial expression from him...


In other news, I took a drive yesterday to another lss of mine that used to be about five minutes from here but moved out into the middle of nowhere (seriously - the address popped into Mapquest says it doesn't exist...luckily the town has a population of about 50 so it was still easy to find. Yes, 50 is a completely fabricated number. It's a really tiny town, lol, no idea the actual census). They are also a manufacturer - Creekbank Creations. The store no longer keeps regular hours as Julie travels and teaches at scrapbook conventions and such - the whole store travels with her! I'm so glad I emailed back and forth a few times to find a time to come in - it was definitely worth the trek out into farm country! Finally was able to pick up a Tim Holtz hammer and some grungeboard (lol, among other things, of course!) so I am really, really excited to get some playing done today!

4 Comments:

toners said...

What a cute project! And have fun with the grungeboard :)

Heather said...

Cute frame! I have some grungeboard letters I need to play with. I'm just not sure what to do with the stuff!

Anonymous said...

Jenna that's adorable! I love it!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great layout, love the photo and the caps - thanks for the challenge on that. I have a few CC items myself, old old stuff, LOL. The Metaleeze sheets. Cool that they are in the middle of almost nowhere. Glad you enjoyed it.