Monday, March 24, 2008

Marah Birdhouse

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!

I've been dying to find a way to make Marah Johnson's papers work for a birdhouse but the designs are so large compared to these tiny birdhouses I didn't think I could. On Saturday I went over for a crop at Blessed 2 Scrapbook in Champaign and in looking at the corners of one of the papers, found enough design in a small area to give it a try and I'm so glad that I did! I took the paper I needed from the corners and laid them out exactly to keep the design from the corners centered at the peaks in the front and back - LOVE the result! She has so many gorgeous papers I'd love to take a shrink ray to so that the design won't be lost in a birdhouse this small and I'm so happy I found ONE to work, at least! I edged everything with black Stickles because I ended up having a few issues with trying too hard to capture the design that I figured out too late that this particular birdhouse was terribly uneven - to keep the designs where I wanted them I had to sacrifice perfect fit and the Stickles cover this nicely. Of course, I had to also cover it in Prima's! I realized I'm out of little birdies so this house is still uninhabited for the moment. As usual, for a much closer look, simply click on the picture for the gigantic version!


On another note, I got a new toy this weekend! I finally broke down and bought a video camera! I would LOVE to do a few video tutorials so let me know what you'd like to SEE rather than just read my long-winded explanations of, lol! And then be patient...I have NO idea how to edit the video yet. More software to learn - just what I needed!

8 Comments:

Heather said...

That one is so cute! You are really inspiring me to dig out all my little houses and do something with them!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog Jenna - the clay I used for his project was air-dry - it was the first time I used it and it worked pretty well I think. Got myself a huge tub at hobby lobby :)

Colleen said...

Great job with the flowers on there and they look great with that pp!

Have fun with the new video camera!

Nancywithajones said...

you totally rocked that birdhouse girl. you made that marah paper sing!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cute little houses. Yeah, the editing is why I don't do any video, I'm too lazy to learn it. That, and it gets me too nervous.

Anonymous said...

wonderful birdhouse using marah's papers!
Your work is fabulous.

Laurie said...

That turned out gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

these birdhouses are ADORABLE!!

~j