Friday, March 21, 2008

Beadutainment

Gotta love being a crafter on days like today! Because of Spring Break I agreed to watch the two girls from next door today and Monday. A bucket of beads I'll never use, some safety pins, and some sequins and I've got hours of almost quiet with these three (which is rare, lol)! With a boy in the group it goes beyond the "princess" jewelry making and those pins of "jewels" are suddenly princesses and dragons themselves with Michael building castles with cannons and whole storylines are being played out while they create. A hint for a project like this - I laid down an old baby blanket that pretty well covers the table. This keeps the beads from rolling onto my hardwood floor and becoming cat toys!




5 Comments:

Gabrielle said...

FUN! My girls love beads! :)

Heather said...

Great idea for entertainment!

EquineSpirit said...

Those are neat!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Sheer genius, girl.

mishkismom said...

AWW fun! Those pins were huge when I was a girl! We called them "friendship beads" and we pinned them onto our shoe laces!!
thanks for the memories!lol