Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bringing it Back Challenge Candle Holders

Michael's had these little glass votive holders on sale 2 for $1 recently and I grabbed a bunch to play with. While looking for things to do with some of the challenge items from the Bringing it Back Challenge, I found a few fun ways to put them all together.


For the slide mount challenge, I simply picked out some preprinted slide mounts from Design Originals, stacked them up and used my Crop-O-Dile to punch through them all at once (to line up the holes). Then I used some wired tinsel-like stuff from EK to tie them around a glass votive. I have an insane number of these letter eyelet charms from Making Memories so I clipped off the eyelet tabs and simply glued them into place. Voila! Five minutes to a cute little holiday candle holder!


Next, for the Magic Mesh challenge (again), I wrapped a candle holder with Magic Mesh, then a strip of paper from Zsiage. A few green Primas with chipboard dots from Zsiage and then I covered those with Stickles from Ranger. A bit of drying time and I'm pretty happy with the results!

0 Comments: