Friday, December 7, 2007

Really not a fan of snow!

I just got done shoveling. Again. And watching the weather it looks like we're due to have snow/icy rain/sleet for the next six days straight. I'm so no looking forward to this! Guess I'll just have to stay cozy indoors and do some more crafting (gee, darn...)!


I wanted to share a little frame I stickled to death the other night. I took a super inexpensive wooden frame (the tiny, lightweight, inexpensive kind) and first aged it a bit with two shades of Clearsnap chalk ink. Just use a direct-to-wood technique and keep dabbing them on until you like the colors. I then used a stamp from Sugarloaf (now Inque Boutique) and stamped it all over the frame using Staz On. I was kind of bored with the look so I grabbed some red Stickles (from Ranger) and some crystal Scribbles (same as Stickles but from Duncan) and plopped down in front of the TV to watch Dirty Sexy Money (my new must watch show, lol) and started adding some sparkle. I did all of the berries in red then covered EVERYTHING else that was stamped in the crystal. It brightened up the green once everything dried (overnight). Even with all the sparkle it had a nice vintage look to it so I decided to use a nice red twine for the bow, then stickled some film letters from Zsiage (1.5" Monica font). I was originally going to frame a black and white picture, but now I'm thinking I might hunt down an old vintage postcard to finish this off. After I go stock back up on Stickles and Scribbles, that is! They're addictive!



Has everyone been keeping up with the 12 days of creative tags going on over on Tim Holtz's blog? If you haven't, go there immediately! He's been sharing a new tag a day with complete instructions and tons of great techniques! I'm wondering how all these techniques will translate to wood...

0 Comments: