Thursday, December 20, 2007

I DO occasionally make other stuff!

I know, I've kept this blog pretty consistently focused on altered items, but I really do other things as well, lol! I make a lot of jewelry, some of which I'm so honored has been (and will be) featured in Bead Trends magazine, and SOMEDAY I will force myself to part with and sell on my lonely, empty Etsy shop. I scrapbook sporatically (and I probably just butchered the spelling on that) even though I mean to do more! I can knit a scarf (anything beyond that is out of my league). I dabble in clay (I can make beautiful things...I just ruin them when attempting to bake them!). I stamp. I make cards. I help my son with neverending Perler bead projects. I love crafting!



So, as I frantically finish up the ever-growing number of projects I have invading my house at the moment, I thought I'd post a mini-book I just finished up the other day, and some bracelets that are way out of my style (experimenting with different products) just to have something a little different. I have a pile of altered things to photograph so hopefully I'll get to those here in the next few days too!

This is the chipboard stadium book from Zsiage. I haven't photographed the inside pages yet, but used the Vintered line of paper throughout. The cover is inked randomly with Distress inks from Ranger, and also the swirls are inked over the negatives from Zsiage film shapes. The numbers and letters are also film from Zsiage - the numbers painted with paint daubers from ranger then outlined with a Ranger marker and the letters are dabbed with Distress ink. I went a little ribbon-happy, but just loved this ribbon!

These two bracelets are really simple, using these cute little crochet-covered beads from Plaid. As I said, totally not my style, but fun!

1 Comment:

Colleen said...

Love the little book and that ribbon looks great on it! The bracelets are cute and love that they're unique!