Saturday, June 28, 2008

Just a quickie

I'm immersing myself in actual scrapbooking this weekend (now don't faint, please!)! Yes, scrapbooking with my scrapbooking supplies - who knew. Anyways, hanging out at the Ice Cream Social online crop at Scrapperie. Most of the challenges are for actual scrapbook pages so I'm going to try to get some done. Of course, I've already finished the ONE challenge for an altered item so I'll share, lol!

I had cats when I was younger and one of them liked going on jaunts in the backyard on a leash. Sooo, I picked up one for Max. Now understand, while my cat spends all his waking hours (all two per day, maybe?) running from window to window meowing and fretting. He has escaped maybe 3 times and seriously freaks out for some reason when he gets outside. Yes, my kitty is terrified of the outside world that fascinates him as long as he's safely inside. So no, the leash was NOT a successful experiment. But it was sitting here...so I decided to alter it. And make a hanger so I could hang it up permanently. The hanger went MUCH quicker than the leash itself - probably only 10-15 minutes of hands on time. Bo Bunny paper, Prima flowers, glittery brads from Making Memories, and glittery chipboard letters from Scrapworks. I used the Crop-a-dile to punch the holes and set the eyelets in the leash. I wish I'd not put them so cose together (aka there were WAY too many, lol, and the Crop-a-dile is not comfortable for me with that much use at once). Also, if you want to eyelet a leash, try a leather one instead. This woven thing did NOT like holes being punched in it (frayed all over the place - the back is a disaster, lol).

I think Max needs a new collar. Hmmmm...

4 Comments:

Rachael said...

What a neat idea to try!!

Love the little hanger!

The Dolphin Inn said...

CUTE !!!!!! TFS XXX

Unknown said...

Turned out darling - loved the story too...silly kitty :)

Carla said...

How fun is that? Just so cute!