Sunday, June 22, 2008

Welcome Sign


See this in the July issue of Scrapbook News + Review~
I made this for my front porch. I got one of these little unfinished scroll plaques at Walmart (hey, it's the only craft supplier left in town...how pathetic is that!). This Fountain Blu paper from Zsiage's Vintered line is still one of my favorites - I just love it! Anyways, it just so happens that the Tim Holtz color Frayed Burlap matches PERFECTLY. So I used the crackle paint on the sides of the plaque and on all the chipboard pieces. The chipboard letters are 1.5" Monica font from Zsiage and the little scrolls and the flower center are also from Zsiage. The flower is from Prima, with a punched flower from the Fountain Blu paper on top. All in all, a pretty easy project - even with drying time I probably only spent a couple of hours on it. Click on the picture to see a better view of the way the crackle paint looks on the chipboard. :)

{pic}

5 Comments:

Jennifer said...

SO pretty! I would love to have one of these...

Marcie said...

Hi! I just found your blog & that you are from Tilton. I am in Danville! I know what you mean about Walmart being the only place left in town, I am going through serious withdrawl over the loss of hobby lobby! Great designs!

Carla said...

Wow that turned out really nice, love the colors.

Jenna Franklin said...

Hi Marcie! Email me! I'd love to get together! :)

The Dolphin Inn said...

Beautiful, very homely and welcoming TFS XXX