Monday, February 18, 2008

Want a custom mini birdhouse?

UPDATE!!! Opening this up to other countries IF you're ok with me sending it USPS first class - which apparently can take forever, lol! So if you're still interested in getting in on this, please do!

I'm having so much fun making these! My blog's getting all kinds of traffic (still amazes me, lol) but everyone is getting quiet again. I love hearing from everyone - what you think, what you're interested in seeing, just plain what's up! So I thought I'd get to know you all a little bit by asking for some suggestions and offering up an incentive! So here's the deal. Leave me a comment about what theme, color scheme, paper line, or whatever you'd like to see in a mini birdhouse and on Friday afternoon I'll use my handy dandy random number generator (ahem, asking someone to pick a number between 1 and whatever, lol) to choose someone and I will make YOUR suggestion and send it to you with some other scrappy goodies! Hmmm, I'd better add - if you've chosen a line I can't get my hands on quickly (i.e. I don't have any in stash and can't find it at any of the stores I have nearby), I'll contact you to arrange something as similar as I can, how's that? I want to be able to get this to you next week so while I'd love to work with the new CHA goodies too, it will have to wait, lol! So let the suggestions begin! The cutoff will be noon on Friday to get your suggestions in.

Eek. Sigh - wish I didn't have to do this but I do have to limit this to US and Canada until I can figure out how to ship internationally. I checked FedEx and the quote was $75-$100 using some of the random cities I found in my Sitemeter! For a 1 pound package!!!! That can NOT be right...can it? Anyone know how best to ship internationally?

Here's a picture of the three I have done at the moment (they look so cute all grouped together - can't wait to add to my collection! Working on a couple at the moment!) along with a bottle of Glossy Accents to show you a comparison of size. I know I've given out the measurements before, but it makes it so much more meaningful to SEE how tiny and cute these birdhouses are!


27 Comments:

Samantha said...

oohhh yeah, I'm number one I think. How about a bird house in Basic Grey Scarlet or Stella Ruby...that would be gorgeous!

Samantha said...

So I just scrolled down and saw your other post with the gadget tray and a birdhouse would be pretty in that paper too.

Julia Hammond said...

Well, I partial to CTMH papers..

But also love the new papers from
Crate Paper, Piggy Tales and Basic Grey...

If it is pink and brown or Blue and brown...it makes me happy :)

Julia Ontario CA

Unknown said...

That is so sweet of you!! I would love to see one done in Basic Grey "Perhaps"!

Unknown said...

wow - this is awesome. I think I like the graphic doodlebug stuff right now. I am so into my B/W too. This is going to be fun to see what you make for the winner.
Awesome give-away :)

Unknown said...

Love your blog! You re mega talented with your wicked alterning skills. You have me inspired to start making my mother's day gifts. I am totally into the noteworthy collection right now. I am also not very picky and would love to just say Suprise Me, if I won.

Thanks Neysa

jan farnworth said...

I would love to see a bird house done in a boy line like extreme boy by junkitz. I have a boy so i am always excited to see things done in boy themes. If you don;t have boys the pocket full of posie line from dcwv was really neat or the halloween stack was awesome as well.

Anonymous said...

These are too cute! I love the soft colors of the Tangerine Dream Paper set (Jenni Bowlin) - can't wait to work with them!

b_aldous@hotmail.com

Benita said...

Those are so beautiful! I would love to see one done in Basic Grey Blush as it's been my absolute favorite line from BG :)

Anonymous said...

How about Basic Grey Periphery - aligns so well with the BIRD theme. These are oh so cute - TFS.

shellywalks@yahoo.com

i am jen [with1n] said...

Gorgeous work!!! I would love to see a birdhouse made with the Love, Elsie line. (any of the papers!)

Hugs...Jen

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see some American Crafts, metropolitan line.

Anonymous said...

I don't care about the paper line as much as the colors to match my scraproom. :) I would want any combination of the following colors. :) Hot pink, orange, lime green, yellow. They are all bright colors. If I was to win ;) I could send you a picture. :) Other than that I would love anything.

Thanks
Brandy
branbaucom @ msn.com (no spaces)

Anonymous said...

I don't care about the line of papers either as Brandy said, but just the colors to match my room. Any pinks and greens. :)

Thanks
Cindy Silberblatt
csilberblatt @att.net (no space)

Samantha said...

ooooh, Periphery what a great idea. I love that line, of course I love anything by BG.

Suzanne said...

Those birdhouses are too cute. I'd love to see one done with some fun Love, Elsie paper or with some MM noteworthy stuff.

Aleta said...

OH these are too too adorable! I'd love one in Basic Grey! YUM!

Anonymous said...

To cute - love them and the size is precious ~
Carole
carolehepburn@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

the sun is out and I am daydreaming , forgot my paper idea in the previous post - how about black and white Heidi Swapp with accents of pink !!

Carole

Selenaintx said...

Your birdhouses are absolutely adorable!!! With all the new papers from CHA coming soon there will be so much to choose from as far favorites go. Love all your ideas on the blog.

Selena

scrappinmama said...

I'd love to see one of these in teal and brown. Any paper would do. These are just too cute!!

Sandie said...

I would love in on this! And if I won? I'd love if YOU picked the style and paper. That would make it fun and interesting to me. And I would find someplace fab to display it. You are an awesome talent! And very generous too. :)

Maureen said...

I dont have a certain paper line. If I would be picked I would love to have one with pinks

Jen said...

Idea 1)I think that a fun black & pink paper (like Glitz Design's Hot Mama-Motif with Scalloped for the roof. Then use some black or pink marabou boa to outline something (roof or bottom). Okay, not traditional - but fun.
Idea 2)English Garden there - use some embelishment lavendar, pink & red flowers glued to the sides, & use floral wire for the stems. U could paint the top a thatch color or find something like raffia for a thatch roof--making a little cottage house - HEY find some mini-gnomes & someone could move it!
Idea 3)Frog theme! (for my daughter who's crazy about frogs- great gender free spring theme.

Have fun!

Laurie said...

how about using some scenic route? one of the boyish lines =o)

scrappygal said...

Wow these are really cute ! You have defintely got a talent here! Are you thinking of selling them on Etsy...YOU SHOULD! How 'bout using some October Afternoon papers? Just a thought.

BTW..found your blog on the MM blog/comment section :)

sorter New York said...

I read your blog.interested blog such as great blog Thanks......