Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mail Sorter

Well, I've now made FOUR new birdhouses this week...but I can't share any of them with you yet! One will be in a special issue of Scrapbook News + Review, two I've submitted and am busy crossing my fingers for, and the third, of course, is the one Kazan won and I want her to see it before I post it so it will still be a surprise for her!


So instead, I thought I'd share the mail sorter I finished up last night. We'll see if it actually keeps all my mail off the coffee table...




The sorter itself is from DecoArt (at Michael's). The patterned papers are Surf & Turf and Cape Cod Stripe from Jen Starr's New England collection from Zsiage. The scrapbook film letters ans swirls are also from Zsiage - 1.5" Monica font and chippies. I used Espresso alcohol inks from Ranger on them, then outlined them with silver stickles, also from Ranger. The flowers are from the floral department at Hobby Lobby and I used turquoise stickles to embellish them.




I had several emails regarding the paper beads so I've begun work on a tutorial for them. I need to take a few more pictures and hope to have it up later today or tomorrow. I hope you'll give them a try!!

1 Comment:

Kip said...

Love the sorter!