Sunday, August 26, 2007

Basic Grey Lamp




This lamp was a fun little project. I bought a pair of these lamps on clearance because I loved the base. However they had these boring little white lampshades on them that didn't do them justice. I had a decoratable lamp shade (covered in adhesive, meant to add fabric etc. to them) hanging around so I thought I'd make one of them match my living room better. I had some really old (think it's from the first or second release) Basic Grey paper hanging around that had colors pulled perfectly from my room, so I decided to use it here. The lampshade comes with a template, which I used to cut my papers. I wanted the paper to remain in the same orientation, so I did have to use four pieces to keep the design facing the same direction (had that not been important two would have sufficed) and then I used velvet ribbon from Flair on the seams and a rickrac along the bottom edge. I think the whole project took about a half an hour - cut, adhere right to the sticky lampshade, glue on the ribbon and rickrac and voila! Instant custom lampshade that looks awesome in my living room!

1 Comment:

{raisingAlexis} said...

Cool use for that BG paper! I love your thinking ...