Sunday, August 26, 2007

Frosted Daisies Pencil Cup and Frame



This set is now sitting on my desk at work. It was featured in the April/May 2007 issue of Ready Set Create E-zine (it was my first publication - I'm so proud of this!). I used papers from Zsiage (Frosted Daisies and Night Sky from Jen Starr's Starr Brites I collection), a chipboard letter from Zsiage, fibers from Making Memories and silk flowers I think I took apart from a bunch I got at Hobby Lobby. You can't see it well in the picture, but I also used blue embossing powder around the all the edges of the pencil cup. The pencil cup is from an Australian company called Kaiser Craft that has some REALLY fun pressboard items - you'll be seeing more items from them as I complete them, lots of great scrapbook storage items! With the Mod Podge over the cut flowers, it stiffened them up nicely so they are nice and sturdy on the frame too.
The picture is a favorite of mine from when we first moved in here and my son first became fast friends with the two girls next door. We took a bunch of adorable pictures that day but this is my favorite!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute! Where did you purchase the pencil cup?

Jenna Franklin said...

The pencil cup is from KaiserCraft, an Australian company. I actually had this one sent to me but do know there are some online stores carrying Kaiser products (they have some really great stuff - especially storage!). Or if you check in office supply stores or such you can probably find finished ones in wood (stained) that will take altering just as well as unfinished wood such as this. The difference would be you need to make sure you sand off any "finish" first.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! I'll look for them.