Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sailboat Wall Plaques

I know, I have been a horrible blogger this past month! I have been extremely busy, and to be honest, most of what I've created (and there's been a LOT!) I can't even share yet as they're all for various articles and calls and such. I have articles going in the May and June issues of Scrapbooking.com Magazine - look for an article on birdhouses in May and storage solutions for crafters in June! I've also been busy creating things for the next couple of issues of Scrapbook News + Review and as I'm also a moderator over there on the message boards, I've been trying to spend some time helping out - we'd love to have you come join us!!! Of course, being the craft industry, I've also spent some time creating for all the (cough) HOLIDAY magazine calls, lol, and I've got an item coming in the Holiday 2008 edition of Scrapbook Trends.
I have stopped and taken a moment here and there to create just for the heck of it too though. I found these cute little sailboat plaques at Hobby Lobby (again, they're only $1!) and thought they would be adorable to go with the beach frame I had already made. I used the same Zsiage papers from the New England line to cover the boats (painted white first). Then, just because this particular paper line just makes me want to pull out the fun stuff, I used lots of Stickles, Glossy Accents, and Crackle Accents from Ranger to liven up the paper without covering any of the design (click on either picture for a closeup). I then took some tiny shells and lined the top edge of the boats. While there was a lot of drying time involved with all the little layers I did here and there, actual hands on time was pretty minimal. And now I have a nice little beachy decorative set!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I love the little details with the seashells! I left you a little something on my blog today Jenna - to let you know I find you so inspiring! :) Have a great weekend.

Lida said...

Oh so cute perfect for summer. The little shells are adorable!

JulesinParadise said...

Lovely wall decos...cute cute cute!

Carla said...

Ok those sailboats are just adorable....seriously they are so cute!

Laurie said...

those are cute!! can't wait to see all the fun stuff you've been working on!

Pearl Maple said...

Followed your link from 2 peas today, got to say that those are the cutest sail boats. Enjoyed reading all your creative posts.

Anonymous said...

Interesting Post. I've found some garden wall plaques on this site that I like.