Friday, May 30, 2008

Super Girly Wall Hook

I've had this very uncharacteristic obsession with pink this year. I've really never been a pink kind of girl, but for some reason I keep picking it up lately! I had this little heart-shaped wall hook from Hobby Lobby ($1, of course!) sitting in one of my boxes of "toys to be altered" and thought I'd whip up something quick. Well, I went a tiny bit overboard on this little project so it wasn't as quick, but not including drying time (which was a LOT, lol) it was still under an hour hands on, so not too bad.

First I base coated the hook with Strawberries and Cream (AKA Pepto Bismol pink) from Making Memories. I had picked up these two coordinating pieces of paper from Stemma and thought they would be really cute layered together on this. So I started with the white piece for the heart and covered several chipboard flowers from Creekbank Creations with the black. I had also covered the center pieces for the flowers as well, but ended up going a little overboard with Duncan products instead!

I outlined the flowers with a white Souffle pen from Sakura, then started adding dots everywhere with watermelon Scribbles. I ended up filling in the centers of the flowers with the Scribbles, then when those were dry still wasn't totally sold on it so added glittering crystal Scribbles over the top of that. Some more dots, a flower cut from the paper and Mod Podged onto the hook itself, and I now have a really girly, really busy little hook that I actually have no plan for, lol, except that it's cute! Luckily I have two little girls who live next door...who love all things girly and pink and flowery and glittery...



3 Comments:

Rachelle said...

this is so cute and I love that paper on the base, so fun.

Carla said...

OMG this is adorable.......

Anonymous said...

OOoooooo ... how cool is this. What a fun girly accent for any room.