Sunday, January 6, 2008

Valentine's Wooden Gift Bag

Ok, trying to break away from Christmas projects still so I started a few Valentine's Day, St. Pat's Day and Easter projects. This wooden gift bag will eventually hold a wooden mini-album I'm working on that will match. The patterned paper is from Reminisce as is the "love" block which is cut from another sheet from the same line and inked with black ink from Tsukineko. The glittered chipboard hearts are all from Scrapworks. The paint is Lipstck from Making Memories. I'm so NOT a pink kind of girl, but for some reason I just love this color! The ribbon is from these cute little $1 sets of 6 mini spools from Target. And, of course, Mod Podge from Plaid and a $1 wooden gift bag from Hobby Lobby or Michael's.


A tip about the brads along the bottom. I removed the tabs in the back using wire cutters in the middle, then used a pair of flat pliers to gently squish the remaining section of the tabs in flush with the edges of the brad. This gave me something for the adhesive (I used Aleene's Jewelry and Metal Glue from Duncan) to grab onto.
Front
Back
Sides

8 Comments:

MangoMama said...

Very cute! I love Valentine's Day goodies.

I was at Michaels yesterday and they had so many cute crafty decor, but much to my disappointment, they were all foam. So I didn't get any. :o(

Cute stuff! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the book to match.

Anonymous said...

Precious Valentine project!!

Unknown said...

Jenna, love this project! I'll have to get some of these boxes.
Mom

Ryzmomplus2 said...

that came out adorable! and I have some of those wood bags - must get them out!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love that!

deb said...

super cute! I've seen these at Michael's too. Now I'll have to buy a few. :)

Maureen said...

Very cute altered gift. I should make one fo these

Darcey said...

Very Cute:) TFS!