Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Supply storage

I made this to keep some of my crafty supplies close at hand. I honestly have so much stuff that I will forget about it if it's not in front of me so this is my solution. Here I can keep a selection of rubons, stickers, and other similarly packaged embellishments handy. I left slots for seasonal, new, and favorites. This piece is actually pretty darned big (24 inches high) so it will fit a lot of goodies. It's freestanding, however could be mounted to the wall as well and cup hooks added to the bottom to hang even more. If I had wall space, I would, lol! The piece was originally just a craft store unfinished wood piece. Glossy spray paint is your friend when working with big items like this! It REALLY didn' photograph well, but the top edge and all the front edges are actually covered in black ribbon with white polka dots (if you click on the pictures to see the gigantic version you can see the ribbon) . The papers I used are from EK's Arte Blanche line - they come 3 to a pack on nice, big rolls. This happens to be my favorite set - just love all the swirlies! The flowers at the top...well they will probably come off. I just don't know that I like them there. The labels on each bin are done with Heidi Swapp chipboard letters.



5 Comments:

denine zielinski said...

I LOVE it! It is perfect!

Claude said...

This looks gorgeous!

Jen Martakis said...

This is brilliant! And gorgeous too! :)

Anonymous said...

very cute idea!!!! love that!!

Anonymous said...

Oh did you ROCK decorating that baby! I have one of those in my extra room for my scrapping mags. Didn't think to decorate it!! I'm like you too on needing stuff close so I don't forget about it.