Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Ornaments

I had some help with these from my 6 year old - what a fun way to spend an evening! I apologize for the photography - still haven't figured out how to photograph these! I wish I were a better photographer!!!

This one uses paper from Hot Off the Press, rubons from EK, and glitter.



Paper from Hot Off the Press, outline stickers from Making Memories, and glitter.



Poinsettias from Hot Off the Press, glittered brads from Making Memories, and glitter.



Paper from Making Memories (really old paper!) and rubons from Making Memories (also really old!). Also, although I really love the way this looks with the little paper spirals, please be forewarned that this takes FOREVER! That's about 3/4 of a piece of 12x12 paper and took well over an hour (ok, so I was watching Dancing With the Stars too - yay Helio! Is he adorable or what!). I'll be sticking with larger strips from now on! Although I'm thinking this would look fantastic done up with some of the glittery Bazzill...hmmm.

7 Comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful ornaments! :)

Darcey said...

Very cool! TFS!

Amy said...

I know you warned us it takes forever, but I kind of want to try the tiny spirals. :-)

Jenna Franklin said...

To do the tiny spirals I cut pieces about 1.5" and super narrow (you really kind of want double-sided paper on this). Wind it around a paper piercer (a toothpick would probably work too, but the handle is a big help) the way you would do ringlets on a curling iron, pressing tightly as you go to "set" the "curl", lol! Your fingers will be sore when you're done but once you get the hang of it you totally don't have to pay attention so a great activity while watching TV...

Linda Beeson said...

These are all wonderful and your photography showed them off well! I think my favorite might be that last one - what adorable little spirals!

deb said...

I love those! The poinsettia is really pretty with the glitter. I love the paper ones too!

Thanks for entering our giveaway. :)

Joanna said...

I love these--- they're striking and different!! Totally fun to see all those beautiful papers in there! TFS!