Saturday, March 29, 2008

Alcohol Ink Carrier

Look for this in the June issue of Scrapbooking.com Magazine!

I've had my alcohol inks stored in a drawer for quite some time now and always forget about them. I like having my supplies visible - I'm one of "those" people who has to SEE my stuff to remember to use it. I also rarely create IN my dedicated space these days so even when I remember, I've got to drag it all out to the dining room or whatever square foot of surface space I've invaded for the moment. So I thought I'd use one of these cute little wooden baskets from Hobby Lobby (they run about $2.50).


They fit PERFECTLY! I fit 16 little bottles of alcohol ink (I have both Ranger and Jacquard brands if you're wondering about the different colored bottle tops) plus my big bottle of extender solution and then there was room to tuck the little pads in along the side. I didn't like just laying the applicator over the top of everything so I grabbed a chipboard shape from the Chippies line from Zsiage, hung it by a ribbon and the applicator hangs perfectly from it! The ribbon is actually strategically glued in a few spots to make sure it stayed where I wanted it and didn't come untied.



I used Molten Madagascar paper from Zsiage's Out of Africa line and another Chippie on the side. Both of the Chippies have been decorated with (shhhh, I cheated) glossy black spraypaint and glittering crystal Scribbles. The flowers are from Doodlebug and also accented with the Scribbles, some flower sequins and some black Stickles. If you click on the picture below you can see how sparkly... :)

4 Comments:

jillconyers said...

What a great idea! Might have to pick up one of the wooden baskets for myself. I have the perfect pp in mind for this project. Love your choice of pp.

TFS!

Unknown said...

How cute !! I love it when cute also = functional. Great job !

Lida said...

Great idea I might have to do one of those, I have one for my pens and pencils on my desk and it works great!

Heather said...

Love that! What a cute idea!